The Covenant Health Research Centre (CHRC) is dedicated to promoting innovation, facilitating inquiry, developing partnerships and bringing research into practice in alignment with Covenant Health’s mission, vision, values and strategic directions.
Strategic focus areas
- serving vulnerable populations in the areas of mental health, continuing care, rural care, and palliative and end-of-life care
- developing transdisciplinary teams
- supporting new researchers
The CHRC formally began operating in March 2003. Before then, research was performed independently at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital, Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre and Misericordia Community Hospital. Since 2008, the CHRC has provided research services to all Covenant Health sites.
We work with many partners to create a culture of research excellence in Alberta.
Covenant centres of excellence
- Ethics and Discernment Centre
- Institute for Reconstructive Sciences in Medicine
- Network of Excellence in Seniors' Health and Wellness
- Northern Alberta Vascular Centre
- Palliative Institute