Community boards are important links between our organization and those we serve. They are made up of volunteers who build community partnerships and act as local representatives for us.
Community boards do not oversee our sites. But they know what matters to their neighbours. They alert our board of directors to health needs and solutions in their communities.
Though each community board is unique, members generally:
- serve on working committees as needed
- attend regular meetings
- attend special events at their site or in the community
- help develop, carry out, monitor and assess the Community Board Action Plan
- engage their community to grow partnerships
You’ll make a great community board member if you:
- support our mission and values
- understand how to promote and represent us in your community
- are good at active listening
- have a passion for building and nurturing partnerships within the community
Medicine Hat Community Board
We’re seeking new volunteer members to help promote a proactive approach to health and healing in our community.
- live by our values of compassion, collaboration, respect, social justice, stewardship and integrity
- can be from all backgrounds, faiths, and circumstances to represent the cultural mosaic of Medicine Hat
- advocate for health needs, current issues and future challenges in the community
- act as ambassadors for the Covenant family