St. Therese Villa is a designated supportive living facility that serves over 200 residents in southern Alberta. It is a multicultural facility designed to meet and support resident wellness and independence while providing quality care in a supportive and caring environment. The facility includes 124 private studio suites, 16 couple’s suites and 60 secure dementia suites, each with a private bathroom and shower. Our resident care teams include healthcare aides, activity assistants and licensed practical nurses.
Programs & Services
24-hour resident assistance
Resident & Visitor Information
We believe that visits from family members and friends contribute greatly to the quality of life of our residents and welcome visitors at St. Therese Villa.
The following guidelines will help you make your visit as pleasant as possible:
- Please respect all visitors, staff and residents.
- Visitors of all ages are welcome. We ask that children be supervised by an adult at all times. There is a play structure onsite for children to use under adult supervision.
- Please sanitize your hands when you enter and leave the facility. Please see our Guide to Clean Hands for more information on how clean hands better protect you and your loved ones.
- To maintain resident confidentiality, please do not enter administrative areas.
- Please check with a nurse before bringing food or drink to residents.
- The attending physician must approve medications brought into the centre.
For additional information, please see our Resident Handbook.
Suite Floor Plans
Designated visitor and accessibility parking is located in the parking lot in front of the building. We ask that visitors and residents don’t park in the marked fire access areas.
Throughout their years of service, the Sisters of St. Martha have touched the lives of thousands of Southern Albertans by responding to those in need. The Sisters opened their first hospital, St. Michael’s General Hospital (now called St. Michael’s Health Centre), in Lethbridge on June 1, 1929.
The Sisters opened St. Therese Villa in 2009 to meet the Lethbridge community’s growing long-term care needs. When it was first opened, St. Therese Villa housed 200 supportive-living beds, the largest number beds in Alberta at the time. Today, St. Therese Villa carries on the legacy of the Sisters of St. Martha by providing compassionate long-term care in an environment that nurtures the residents’ minds, bodies and spirits.