St. Mary's Hospital

Covenant Health

Resources

St. Mary's Hospital Legacy Story (PDF)
St. Mary's Hospital Foundation 
St. Mary's Hospital Fact Sheet - 2018/19

Facility overview

Contact information
St. Mary’s Hospital
4607 53 St
Camrose AB   T4V 1Y5

General information phone: 780.679.6100
Main admitting phone: 780.679.6126

Click here to view a map and get driving directions 

St. Mary’s Hospital is a modern, progressive hospital that serves a diverse and growing rural community with a wide range of acute care services. St. Mary's Hospital serves with hospitality and compassion, carrying on the spirit of the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul who founded the hospital in 1924.

Programs & services

24-hour emergency

Acute care

Ambulatory care

Child health

Inpatient clinical nutrition

Community cancer centre

Coronary care

Critical care

Day surgery

Diagnostic imaging

Endoscopy

Enterostomy

Geriatric services

Gynecology

Laboratory

Lower extremity clinic

Medicine

Mental health

Obstetrics

Orthopedics

Palliative care

Plastic surgery

Spiritual care

Stroke services

Surgery/anesthesia

Therapeutic services

Urology

Women's health

Protective services/ lost & found

Phone: 780.679.6100

Protective Services is on duty 12 hours a day during weekdays and 24 hours on weekends. Please send valuables (such as jewelry and unnecessary cash)  home for safe keeping during your stay.

Parking

Beginning September 1, 2020, public parking fees will be in effect again at Covenant Health sites. 

Parking in the visitor’s parking lot is $1.25 per hour or $8.50 for the day, which includes accessible parking stalls near the front entrance. Two-hour street parking is available for patients and visitors. Due to limited parking spaces, we recommend patients and visitors arrive early or arrange transportation to the hospital.

Parking map

2018/19 Overview

Staff                                                   526

Volunteers                                        124

Outpatient visits                               8,596

Emergency visits                              17,374

Deliveries                                           343

Acute care beds                               76

Our founders

The story of St. Mary's Hospital begins in the late 1910s when the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul, Kingston, ON were invited by the Mayor and Council of Camrose to establish a hospital. The city donated the land and in 1924 St. Mary's Hospital officially opened its doors.

Since those early beginnings, St. Mary's Hospital has reflected the philosophy of the Sisters of Providence:

  • Care of the sick is a sacred trust
  • God is the author of human life which is precious and cherished from conception until death
  • Everyone, without exception, is to be treated with dignity and respect
  • Everyone is to be treated in a fair and just manner

Our history in Camrose has included some momentous occasions. Here are a few: 

  • 1924 Training School for nurses established (closed 1932)
  • 1933 Full accreditation status awarded (one of fourteen in the province)
  • 1949 New wing added, capacity increased to 117 beds
  • 1989 New facility opened 
  • 2002 St. Mary's Hospital, Camrose Foundation is established
  • 2008 Covenant Health is officially incorporated under the Covenant Health Act
  • 2009 First Annual Legacy Day to renew the dedication to the Purposes of the Founding Sisters of all the Covenant Health Sites
  • 2014 Celebrate 150 years of Catholic health care in Alberta 

Work with us

 

Send your feedback

 

Donate

 

Volunteer