Bonnyville Health Centre

Covenant Health

Resources

Resident & Family Handbook (PDF)
Bonnyville Health Centre Legacy Story (PDF)
Caring Relationship (video)
Bonnyville Health Centre Fact Sheet - 2018/19

Facility Overview

Contact Information
Bonnyville Health Centre
5001 Lakeshore Drive
PO Box 1008
Bonnyville AB   T9N 2J7

Phone: 780.826.3311

Click here to view a map and get driving directions 

 

The Bonnyville Health Centre provides a full range of health services to a diverse and growing community in northeast Alberta. It honours Covenant Health’s mandate to provide care that heals the body, enriches the mind and nurtures the soul.

Programs & services

24-hour emergency

Aboriginal Liaison

Acute care

Ambulatory care

Cardiology

Community Cancer Centre

Continuing care

Diagnostic services

Dietitian (inpatient and outpatient counselling)

Endoscopy

Family medicine

Internal medicine

Laboratory

Obstetrics

Orthopedics

Palliative care

Pediatrics

Regional laboratory (pathology)

Rehabilitation

Respiratory Therapy

Spiritual Care

Surgery & Anesthesia

Telehealth consults

Urology

Parking

Free visitor parking is available, including accessible parking stalls, on the south and north sides of the Bonnyville Health Centre.

Parking map

2018/19 Overview

Staff                                                     358

Volunteers                                         126

Outpatient visits                               7,814

Emergency visits                              20,716

Births                                                  303

Acute care beds                               33

Continuing care beds                      30

Our founders

In 1917, Rev. Duclos established the first hospital in Bonnyville founded by the Women’s Missionary Society of the Presbyterian Church. As the population increased, plans were made to relocate the hospital to a new and larger site. By 1926, the new two-storey hospital opened its doors. In 1962, the Women’s Missionary Society transferred their endeavors to other charitable works and the hospital closed. That same year it resumed operation under the name of Duclos Hospital, a non-church organization known as the Duclos Hospital Society.

The St. Louis Hospital was founded by the Sisters of Charity of Notre Dame d’Evron in October of 1919. By 1955, a new wing was added with an additional 28 beds. The Sisters of Charity governed St. Louis until 1972. In 1979, a Board of Management was established and would later spark the amalgamation of the two hospitals.

With the prediction of a booming economy and both facilities needing repairs, the Board saw a need for a new facility. In May 1986, Bonnyville Health Centre opened. The hospital provides invaluable services through holistic, quality health care within a compassionate and inclusive environment. In October 2008, Covenant Health was formed when 16 Catholic health facilities in Alberta, including Bonnyville Health Centre, united.

Work with us

 

Send your feedback

 

Donate

 

Volunteer