Edmonton Healthcare Jobs
Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre
Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Charity (Grey Nuns), the Edmonton General was Edmonton’s first hospital. The General is now Edmonton’s largest continuing care facility, providing 24-hour care for residents, and sub-acute and palliative patients.
2011/12 Stats: 988 staff, 526 volunteers, 502 beds
Grey Nuns Community Hospital
Opened in 1988 by the Sisters of Charity (Grey Nuns), the hospital offers a full spectrum of health care services to a diverse community in the city’s South East end, including 24-hour emergency, medicine, intensive care, surgery, mental health, women’s health and palliative care.
2011/12 Stats: 2,907 staff, 557 volunteers, 347 beds
Misericordia Community Hospital
Opened in 1900 downtown by the Misericordia Sisters, the hospital moved to the West end in 1969 and today it serves a diverse urban community, providing care in 24-hour emergency, medicine, intensive care, surgery, mental health, and women’s health.
2011/12 Stats: 2,505 staff, 657 volunteers (includes Villa Caritas), 303 beds
St. Joseph’s Auxiliary Hospital
Founded in 1927 by the Sisters of Providence, residents receive compassionate, holistic around the clock nursing care and support, and its patients receive valued hospice care in the Edmonton region.
2011/12 Stats: 374 staff, 220 volunteers, 202 beds
Villa Caritas opened in 2011 as a 150-bed facility that serves our most vulnerable seniors—those with complex mental health and medical needs. Villa Caritas is located on the Misericordia Community Hospital campus in west Edmonton, and provides appropriate, timely intervention and care, with a focus on treating conditions and transferring seniors back home or to an appropriate care setting.
2011/12 Stats: 337 staff, 657 volunteers (includes Misericordia Community Hospital), 150 beds
Youville Home, St. Albert
Youville Home provides St. Albert with continuing care and supportive housing options in a new modern facility with a warm, home-like environment. The Sisters of Charity (Grey Nuns) established the original ministry in 1863. A new building was opened in 1966, and again in 2007.
2011/12 Stats: 420 staff, 153 volunteers, 227 beds